Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines Day


When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

--William Butler Yeats

I saw this poem and it rang clear today. ...Well, almost resonated that is, I think I wanted to resonate with it. You see I am old and gray but life is so packed with moments that I am not exactly sleeping by the fire. I guess that's a good thing,

good news! I'm awake!! whoopee. and someday hope to nap by the fire.

I love this part,

"But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;"

wouldn't that be awesome...to be loved for your soul and to have somebody love you through your 'sorrows of changing face'.

Dear Willie Yeats, you really captured the heart of the matter for that dear person sleeping by the fire. I hope she had many happy moments together with the man who saw the pilgrim soul in her before
"Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars."

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive