Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Haiti earthquake is on my mind today. What devastation. I hear much of the concrete they used in construction was not reinforced, so multi story buildings just dropped floor by floor to the ground below into rubble.

Here's a link to a blog I read often: At home with the farmers wife. She has some firsthand information to relay.

I felt led to give, here's a link to check out who I gave to:
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/ I think their expense output is just amazing, the amount they keep as administrative to function on is just phenomenal. (I hope they keep it up for their 09 numbers.)

2008 Revenues
48% Contributions
51% Contributed Goods/Services
1% Other

2008 Expenses
89% Ministry
6% Fund Raising
5% General/Administrative

Samaritans Purse is on the ground in Haiti, and able to function in the devastation so they are able to help. I can't imagine what it's like to not be able to get help at a time like that.

I think the Red Cross is up and running now over there, I'm sure they would appreciate a little extra cash from us as well too. I think it's important that we all give a little.

Deuteronomy 16:17 Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.


For sale at:
http://of-the-heart.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=73_85
They say in their shop banner 'Because nice matters'. teehee

I have been on the receiving end of many blessings. May God richly bless you right where you are in all your circumstances!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive