Monday, May 18, 2009


Honest Scrap Award

Many thanks to Trish, my very talented soapmaking friend for the nom for Honest Scrap Award. Her lovely blog, filled with oodles of good things is found here:http://jabonsoaps.blogspot.com/

The Rules:

Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. (impossible)

Show the 7 winners’ names on your blog & leave a comment informing them that they have been awarded Honest Scrap. (below)

List at least 10 honest things about yourself. (I will do the easy part first,)

10 Honest Things

I’m hooked on getting twitter news links of every sort and kind, and I have 2 twitter accounts, one to promote my shops and the other one to get the info and the disinfo. There’s so much information out there, and am considering a twitter 12 step or did my husband mention that?

I don’t know my cell phone number or yours, if it’s not programmed into my phone I will never call you, don’t be offended, it’s a matter of brain capacity, not if I value you as a person or not. I know who Elmo and Sponge Bob is, and I hang with the best. That's all I know.

I’m in recovery for chocolate addiction. If I could, I would eat it, but I ended up under a bridge naked, with a brown face and hands- mumbling Hershey’s…Hershey’s. The come down is not worth the high. I’m clean now- 1 month 1 week 12 hours...mumble.

I’m in denial about my garden. Oh sure, I talk a good game, all my seeds came up, and I survey my 10 x 15 foot plot with pride. Talk about your cougars, Demi move over. I have a straw hat that has an animal print headband on it. I even go so far as to say we are French intensive gardeners making use of every square inch, lovingly enriching the soil with organics and exotic amendments. You cannot count on one hand the varieties of lovelies that are planted in my back yard, it’ll take two hands! Denial you are wondering? I know as the heat comes on, and June is busting out all over, you will not find me out there with the garden hose being happy and amazed and spiritual about it. I’ll be sweatin to the sounds of tie me kangaroo down sport.

I love to blog surf. Sometimes I am on an adventure in wonderland, and sometimes I wonder-man, what were they thinking. But it sure does beat what the fam is watching on TV most of the time. :0)

I love to laugh, I am not a pratfall laugh er so much as I love a good bit of sarcasm, at someone Else's expense. A clever observation, in good fun. But truthfully now, I never, ever (seldom) laugh at my self. I mean who do you think you are to make fun of me? Cue pie in face…anything for sugar. Wink :0)

Talking about funny, I love time with my grand kids. They are the source for original wit and humor. Where do they come up with this stuff? Do they have a Mensa test for toddlers? I know I have genius offspring once removed. My own kids were not this smart. It must skip generations. Let’s see, me-genius, skip my kids, grand kids-genius. Yes it skips a generation.

I love time away from my grand kids. I know, I know, Sybil. But it’s all about the sounds of silence. Noise and commotion occupy every square inch of my house during daylight hours. I would be a card carying vampire if not for the germie blood thing, and the mess. Walking the quiet streets late at night has a certain appeal you know. I jest, but just an hour alone every once in a while is a really good thing, any more and I am in withdrawal. Truth be told, they provide my main happiness fix.

I love to talk to God. Often. I do much better with things if I can pray about them first, I am not a sociable person by nature, people just drive me crazy. You know people I just don’t get it, ex: please allow more than 6 inches between my bumper and your bumper when you change lanes on the freeway. ex: Doesn’t every body know that supermarket isles only allow a space of 2 carts width? But you got the letter from the president allowing you to leave your cart there in the middle while you get your eggs? I could go on but this is the bottom line, it’s not all about you, its all about me!!! Oh you spotted my horns right up there with my bangs did you, well this is why I give it all to God and have a better life for it.

And last and probably most certainly least, I am a closet, vegetarian, raw food advocate, wanna be. OK,OK, this is all about honesty after all isn't it. Maybe that's not exactly accurate, lets say I admire those people who have the time and the willpower to eat healthier and its on my list of things to do. I just have this darn rebound kind of thing going on in my head, salad and salmon one night, McD’s grease bomb w/fries the next night. After all, it’s all about balance.
~~~
That was the easy part, Now I have to choose 7 blogs that I think are great. Just 7? That will be hard. I love blogs, and being the happy owner of one, I know how much time and what a huge piece of yourself goes into managing one. I really can't choose. All my online friends should be here, I enjoy your homes on the web. I know I find getting this award business an encouragment, and you may have been yawning through out this post, but I had fun with it. Thanks Trish for the nom. But others are pretty much organized (how I ask, how?) and all it takes it time or money, both of which we never have enough of. So if you want to ignore this award, we are still friends.

Here's a few friends that might have some fun with this that I am nominating to recieve this award:

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive