Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude

From wiki:

"According to Cicero, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of the virtues but the parent of all others.” Multiple studies have shown the correlation between gratitude and increased wellbeing not only for the individual but for all people involved. The positive psychology movement has embraced these studies and in an effort to increase overall wellbeing, has begun to make an effort to incorporate exercises to increase gratitude into the movement. Although in the past gratitude has been neglected by psychology, in recent years much progress has been made in studying gratitude and its positive effects."

I am going to try to be grateful this month. Am I usually? No. Not purposefully mindful of my blessings in idle moments, I am always thinking of what I should be doing... being angry, or some other emotion, or in the middle of a huge project. Seriously, never practicing random moments of Gratitude. If I am praying, I can be thankful to God from whom all blessings flow but then it is gone in the wind.

Now my husband, on the other hand, he tells me at least 10 times a day on the weekends when we are with the grandkids, "we're so lucky". I have to stop and smell the roses then, because we really are just so lucky. I admit it, I am a lucky girl.

So I will share my thoughts this month on gratitude, and I really am going to try to practice that attitude without the gentle prodding from my dear husband, we really do have so much to be thankful for.

November blessings sent your way!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive